At the beginning of the year, I set out to read 12 books – one book a month. I’m currently on my 10th book, and its only June 21st! Hopefully, I’ll end up reading more than 12 books by the end of the year.
For this reading challenge, I plan on reading and reviewing novels from genres that excite me: African, African-American and Caribbean books. If I get my hands on any other genre, I would gladly add it to my challenge.
Thus far I’ve read (in chronological order) :
- Happiness, Like Water by Chinelo Okparanta ~ January 28th 2014
- Harmattan Rain by Ayesha Attah Harruna ~ February 10th 2014
- Opening Spaces: Contemporary African Women’s Writing by Yvonne Vera et al ~ March 7th 2014
- The Bride Price by Buchi Emecheta ~ March 21st 2014
- The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Adichie ~ April 2nd 2014
- One Day I Will Write About This Place by Binyavanga Wainaina ~ April 16th 2014
- Voice Of America: Stories by E.S Osondu ~ April 30th 2014
- Lucy by Jamaica Kincaid ~ May 22nd 2014
- Women Are Different by Flora Nwapa ~ June 10th 2014
I’m also keeping track of the books I read on Goodreads
I will have reviews for each book soon!